Last modified on: March 31 2022
At Lizzy Care Inc. (“Lizzy” or “We”) we respect your privacy as the Caregiver User and that of the Care Recipient with whom you have authorization to provide and share Care Recipient information. We are committed to protecting your and the Care Recipient’s privacy through our compliance with this policy.
CAREGIVER USERS MAY ONLY DISCLOSE THE PERSONAL INFORMATON OF A CARE RECIPIENT IF CAREGIVER USER HAS THE CARE RECIPIENT’S CONSENT, IS THE CARE RECIPIENT’S PRIMARY CAREGIVER, HEIR AT LAW, LEGAL GUARDIAN, OR HAS OTHER LEGAL AUTHORITY TO ACCESS AND DISCLOSE THE CARE RECIPIENT’S PERSONAL INFORMATION. OTHERWISE, CAREGIVER USER MAY NOT DISCLOSE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION OF ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL VIA THE MOBILE APP OR SERVICES.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On our website or Mobile App and through the Services, including document and image uploads.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the website or Mobile App.
- Through applications you download from the website or from the Mobile App.
- From information you may disclose with a third-party service provider.
- From information you post on in a community forum or between you and other caregivers in your Care Circle.
- From information we may gather or collect: (1) for research purposes through interviews or surveys; (2) feedback you provide to use; or (3) during group therapy or wellness sessions, whether the activities recited in (1) through (3) occur in person, virtually, or electronically.
Our Mobile App is not intended for Caregiver Users or Care Recipients under 13 years of age. No Caregiver User or Care Recipient under the age of 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Mobile App. No Caregiver User may provide any personal information of an individual who is under the age of 13.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from (1) Caregiver Users who are under 13, or (2) Care Recipients who are under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Mobile App, register on the Mobile App, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Mobile App, including information:
- By which you or the Care Recipient may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, geo location data, age, race or ethnicity, driver’s license information, insurance information, health information, financial information, employment information, photograph or other image, username and password, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline, including User Services Information (defined below) (“personal information”);
- That is about you or the Care Recipient but individually does not identify you or the Care Recipient, such as financial information, health plan and insurance policy numbers and other information, medical information; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Mobile App, and usage details.
- That is about care information, such as the care givers’ names, ADL (activities of daily living) of the Care Recipient, socio-behavioral habits of the Care Recipient
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners, including healthcare partners, or third-parties, including community organizations, health or social care entities, neighborhood associations, and service providers providing services through the Services.
The information we collect on or through our Mobile App or through in person or virtual meetings or interactions with Lizzy may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Mobile App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Mobile App, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Mobile App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Mobile App and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Mobile App.
- Information that you provide during an individual or group meeting, telephone call, virtual meeting, or through a survey provided electronically.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Mobile App or transmitted to other caregivers in the Care Circle on the Mobile App or to third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Mobile App with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons and recommend discretion when choosing and disclosing to caregivers in the Care Circle and other third parties.
As you navigate through and interact with our website or Mobile App, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our website and Mobile App, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the website or Mobile App.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, screen resolution, and browser type.
Do Not Track Browser Setting. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals from web browsers.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Services including our website and Mobile App, and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our website and Mobile App according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our website and Mobile App.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our website or Mobile App may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Mobile App. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our website or Mobile App and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Lizzy, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Pixel Tags. We may use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to our users’ personal information.
- Collection of Data by Advertisers. We may use third parties to serve ads on the website or Mobile App or collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Information We May Receive From Third Parties
The information we may receive from third parties may include:
- Information relating to the fact that you are a customer of the third party.
- Your name and email address and information about the third party referring you to our Mobile App.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Mobile App and website and their contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To provide you offers for additional Lizzy and/or third party products and services.
- To notify you about changes to our Mobile App or any products or services offered or provided though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Mobile App and website.
- To provide you with our Services and access to other available resources for you and the Care Recipient.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To improve the Mobile App and Services, and our website.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Lizzy’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Lizzy about our Mobile App or website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With our health or care partners, and health or care goods and services providers, solely with your consent.
- For other purposes with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service , and other agreements.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lizzy, our customers, or others, including for emergency situations. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
If you do not want us to collect, use, or share your personal information, you can delete your Account with us and remove the Mobile App from your phone.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Mobile App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Mobile App like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Mobile App.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile applications are not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Mobile App or website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Mobile App or on our website.